About the Telework Congress
Tuesday 19 November 2013, the University of Melbourne
Theatre A, Elisabeth Murdoch Building
The Telework Congress is a key event in the Australian Government’s National Telework Week, which is being held from 18–22 November 2013.
The Institute for a Broadband-Enabled Society (IBES), the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI), the Australian Industry Group, the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), Cisco ANZ and Telstra are supporting Teleworking Week by partnering to host the second annual Telework Congress.
This year’s Telework Congress is focussed on the theme of management and leadership to support telework and will promote:
- The skills and capacities necessary to effectively utilise telework
- The productivity benefits of effective telework
- The increased workforce participation that telework enables
- The increased benefits to both employees and employers in effectively implementing telework
- The positive contribution telework can make to our cities and urban environments
- The benefits of telework for regional and rural Australia.
Join the telework conversation on Twitter via #NTWau
Audio proceedings of the Telework Congress will be available to download from this website within two days of the of the Congress.
Kate Burleigh, AIIA Board Director and Managing Director Intel Australia & New Zealand (Master of Ceremonies)
Prof Thas Nirmalathas, Associate Director, Institute for a Broadband-Enabled Society
The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull, Minister for Communications (video)
Cindy Auten, General Manager, Mobile Work Exchange, Washington DC, USA (via telepresence)
Telework Leadership and Management
|Telework Leadership in Practice
Peter Wilson, Chairman, Australian Human Resources Institute
Telework leadership in practice
Kate Burleigh, AIIA Board Director and Managing Director Intel Australia & New Zealand